How to make your own Airlock Lids
- Tattler Plastic Lids (Amazon)
- Silicone Rubber Grommets – food / dishwasher safe. Go to Zoro.com and search for “G1209476”. These are by far the best grommets I’ve found, others often break down in the dishwasher, these should last for years.
- 5/8” drill bit
- Take a tattler lid and gasket and screw on to mason jar with ring (or secure lid to drill press)
- Carefully drill a 5/8” hole in the middle of the tattler lid. Clean burrs from hole.
- Work grommet into lid hole
- Clean out jar and wash